Tuesday 23 April 2013

Fisherman's Friends!!

A little late – it was a busy Monday - I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend sun while it showed itself!

I wanted to say a quick thank you for the amazing response I have had from you all on some of my pictures - I love taking pictures and I love talking cameras so please keep the chat and comments coming! If you want any prints then please do get in touch. 

I have been working a lot recently with the fishermen of Newquay Harbour - you may have seen my pictures up on the Newquay Marine Group. I have been on the boats owned by the Gilbert family several times documenting their day at sea. Martin and his sons Jake and Daniel are potters: they go out from the harbour every day fishing for crabs and lobsters. This is mainly exported to mainland Europe but Newquay Marine Group are working with the Gilberts to promote locally caught crab and lobster to the local shops, cafes, hotels and restaurants. If you fancy getting a crab from the harbour then feel free to pop down and see them.

I was also honoured to be the wedding photographer when Martin Gilbert married Dorothy freeman on 6th April down at the Harbour restaurant. Of course, their fishing boats were also part of the wedding shoot!

Enjoy - have a lovely week! Wilkie Boom!



















No comments:

Post a Comment